Monday, April 30, 2007

SEIZE THE SKY

My childhood dream was to catch the sky in my grasp. As a child, I once tried leaping and trying to grab as much sky as I could in my outstretched palm. However, neither did I get the sky in my grasp, nor did I stay close to it for long… next moment I was down on the ground. As the dust cleared, I saw the trees around… The majestic trees got closer and closer to the sky by taking their roots deeper and deeper into the earth. The lesson was obvious. The deeper the roots, the taller one can be. If we look around, we find that the one who “knows” is the one who “grows”! However, our ability, nay, our attitude, to learn reduces as we grow. Many of us do not bother about even “looking at” information about our own careers leave alone other concerns. General knowledge is fast becoming a superfluous term. Education stops for many with the completion of their academic pursuits.

The roots of a tree are of two types: those that go deep in search of nutrition and those that spread across the breadth to hold the soil better. Both are necessary. We need depth of knowledge in our main areas of activity and breadth of knowledge in everything else. Interestingly, as you grow taller and get closer to the sky, you stumble on that ultimate truth… that there is no sky! There is no limit to how tall you can grow; there is no limit for how deep your roots can go!

Let us learn from the roots that dive deep and help transform a tiny seed into a tall tree. Our roots are in our environment, in our culture, in our people, in our world… in everything that concerns us. Our roots represent the multiple dimensions that create our personality. Each of these dimensions needs to be developed. For that we must step outside our comfort zones and discover the real world and unearth our true potential…

May our roots go deeper to connect to our earth
“develop new dimensions” to seize the sky’s hearth!

Regards
Pravin

No comments: